KICK-ASS Creators Trash Jim Carrey, Talk Sequel

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

KICK-ASS Creators Trash Jim Carrey, Talk Sequel

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Hated KICK ASS 2, don't know why they'd bother with a third movie unless they get enough cash invested to make it happen. I can't see it happening myself...but it's good to see Millar and Romita stomping on Jim Carrey at least!
The sequel was surrounded in controversy during its release, thanks to Carrey publicly speaking out against the film’s violence, in line with his anti-gun stance. The comicbook co-creator, artist John Romita, Jr., sounded off on his thoughts on that as well.

“As for Jim Carrey, I know I’ll never work with that bonehead again, so let me say this,” he said. “I think Mark and I have talked about this before, but here’s a guy who could have capitalized on the character he played and played it toward his anti-gun stance. The character he played gave up weapons – gave up guns — and became a good guy. Anybody with three quarters of an education could have figured out how to fold that idea in with their anti-gun ideas. He’s not a smart enough guy to do that. He cashed his check and took his money, and then he went and pulled a bunch of crap on our film.”

“He took money out of their pockets, and he should be ashamed of himself,” he added
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/kick- ... 201279514/