Halloween Horror Marathon 2014

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
mkaroly

Re: Halloween Horror Marathon 2014

#106 Post by mkaroly »

^^Timeless - never gets old (and neither does the Christmas special).

Paul MacLean

#107 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:A 10?? Other than the bit where one of the guys stands in the corner near the end , that ranks as one of the all-time most overhyped films I've ever sat through. Wasn't that scary either! 8)
Actually, I thought the guy standing in the corner was kind of funny -- because he looked like he was taking a leak!

I could never warm to this film. When I first heard of it, I was very intrigued, because I was under the impression it was extracted from genuine "found footage" shot by actual missing persons (and the filmmakers and distributors did nothing to dispel this myth at the outset).

But knowing it was all fiction, I found it unscary, and overlong -- plus it looked awful, like a cheap home movie. I remember people saying The Blair Witch Project was going to "revolutionize" the way movies are made, and that films have finally outgrown "artificial" things like music scores and scripted performances (and competent photography).

Not a terrible film (and certainly a novel idea) but I agree, overhyped.

AndyDursin

#108 Post by AndyDursin »

A surprisingly excellent adaptation of Ray Bradbury's book (which was always intended to be a feature film), with solid TV animation and an excellent score by John Debney. Well worth seeking out!

Monterey Jack

#109 Post by Monterey Jack »

Happy Halloween, everyone! :D As always, I leave off the month with the perfect hand-off between seasonal ghouls 'n goblins and the merrier vibe of the holiday to come...

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993): 10/10

And with this, Monterey Jack has finally found his way through his detour into...the Twilight Zone. [insert cigarette plug here] 8)