The Height Of Bad Taste

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric Paddon

Re: The Height Of Bad Taste

#16 Post by Eric Paddon »

Of course in Alec's case his most extreme case of hyperbole was getting up on Conan O'Brien and calling for the masses to physically assault U.S. Rep. Henry Hyde (my Congressman once and whom I met in my college days) with stoning (Alec believing that he is without sin evidently and thus entitled to cast them) because of the fact he was chair of the Judiciary Committee during Clinton's impeachment. Which puts him in a category quite unique (and of course calling for an assault on a member of Congress didn't get him into trouble).

DavidBanner

#17 Post by DavidBanner »

I agree with that.

And I'd add that I wish someone would have talked to Andrea Tantaros for telling her listeners that if they saw someone who voted for President Obama, "do me a favor, punch 'em in the face". In case anyone was confused about her statement, she clarified: "If anyone that you know voted for President Obama, smack him down." To my knowledge, Tantaros was never disciplined for this and her friends on the air never called her out for it. Ann Coulter has also said some extraordinarily outrageous things, but it seems that people have gotten used to them. And to be fair, I'd say that Sean Penn has too.

Eric Paddon

#18 Post by Eric Paddon »

After reading this overview of the downfall of the project, I hope we see this proposed Mark Joseph project about Reagan get made. It is high time for someone whose impact on American history was as great as that of FDR get a movie that puts his greatness in proper perspective (FDR fans can always point to quite a few movies they can call their own ever since "Sunrise At Campabello")

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -obsession