THE NEW WORLD on DVD: Standard To Start...

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

THE NEW WORLD on DVD: Standard To Start...

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Just received my copy of New Line's NEW WORLD DVD (doesn't come out for a few months yet but it is the finished DVD, not a screener) -- apparently we'll have to wait on the Special Edition because there's nothing on here but the standard theatrical cut and no extras other than a Making Of split into multiple segments.

I'm guessing they'll re-surface with a Platinum Edition sometime in the near future judging from all the comments. Hopefully Horner's score -- my favorite of last year -- will be restored to the super-long cut we've been promised...

Eric W.

Re: THE NEW WORLD on DVD: Standard To Start...

#2 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:Just received my copy of New Line's NEW WORLD DVD (doesn't come out for a few months yet but it is the finished DVD, not a screener) -- apparently we'll have to wait on the Special Edition because there's nothing on here but the standard theatrical cut and no extras other than a Making Of split into multiple segments.

I'm guessing they'll re-surface with a Platinum Edition sometime in the near future judging from all the comments. Hopefully Horner's score -- my favorite of last year -- will be restored to the super-long cut we've been promised...
You know how it is.

You shouldn't have even bought that DVD, since you know the studios are going to double and triple dip this just like practically every other movie.

AndyDursin

Re: THE NEW WORLD on DVD: Standard To Start...

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Q-BanditZ wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:Just received my copy of New Line's NEW WORLD DVD (doesn't come out for a few months yet but it is the finished DVD, not a screener) -- apparently we'll have to wait on the Special Edition because there's nothing on here but the standard theatrical cut and no extras other than a Making Of split into multiple segments.

You know how it is.

You shouldn't have even bought that DVD, since you know the studios are going to double and triple dip this just like practically every other movie.
Well I didn't buy it, they sent it to me (it's not out until May), but at least they've been quite upfront that there's a Special Edition in the works. The way they were talking, I thought we'd see it right off the bat, but I guess this is their plan.

Carlson2005

#4 Post by Carlson2005 »

Ah, but which theatrical cut - the 150min Oscar-qualifying one or the 135min general release one?

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Carlson2005 wrote:Ah, but which theatrical cut - the 150min Oscar-qualifying one or the 135min general release one?
The 135 min. general release.

Carlson2005

#6 Post by Carlson2005 »

The UK DVD is listed on the packaging as being the 135min version. Even more bizarre is the fact that it's being sold as an all-out action film!

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Mi Casa Multimedia has confirmed that they are working on the Extended Edition of the movie as we speak.......so this is good news indeed!

http://www.micasamm.com/newsite/
(Listed in current projects)

Eric W.

#8 Post by Eric W. »

So, in other words, no one should bother with this until the Extended version finally sees the light of day, yes?