The Horrible Cover Art Thread

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Re: The Horrible Cover Art Thread

#106 Post by Monterey Jack »

Why the Scooby-Doo font on the Mist steelbook? Zoinks...! :lol:

Monterey Jack

#107 Post by Monterey Jack »

What's especially funny about the two awful Mist covers is the early scene in the movie where Thomas Jane gripes, "Ahhh, they'll just hire some intern to whip up something in Photoshop in a half-hour. I've seen it before, two big heads..." :lol:

mkaroly

#108 Post by mkaroly »

Movie poster art is a lost art...back when I was younger I remember so many movie posters that inspired me to want to see the films they were attached to. I think of ALIEN, BLADE RUNNER, the STAR WARS films...I would stare at those posters in complete wonder and awe. They were so cool and unique. While Cover Art is not the same, I find the two to be synonymous in a way...all these cover art "things" do not make me want to buy the DVD and watch the film. It is a shame that Hollywood will waste so much money on reshoots and any number of things but throw pennies at the movie poster art as if it didn't matter. Another thing to lament about the state of movies these days...

Monterey Jack

#109 Post by Monterey Jack »

mkaroly

#110 Post by mkaroly »

That one is not all that bad in my opinion...at least when compared to many of the others.

AndyDursin

#111 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah I'm OK with that too. Is that "new cover art" or is it just alternate artwork? Doesn't look much different than the original poster.

Monterey Jack

#112 Post by Monterey Jack »

...and if you thought the MOVIE was bad...

AndyDursin

#113 Post by AndyDursin »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It gets what it deserves.

Edmund Kattak

#114 Post by Edmund Kattak »

AndyDursin wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:55 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

It gets what it deserves.
Including the isolated John Williams score? :D
Indeed,
Ed

Monterey Jack

#115 Post by Monterey Jack »

Edmund Kattak wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:24 pm
Only way I'd sit through that pile of crap again.

Edmund Kattak

#116 Post by Edmund Kattak »

Monterey Jack wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:29 pm
Edmund Kattak wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:24 pm
Only way I'd sit through that pile of crap again.
Well, let's just say I've developed a "process" to extract the relevant audio track without ever having to watch the movie again. :mrgreen:
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#117 Post by AndyDursin »

Figures they provide an isolated score -- for the worst film and score in the series!

It's not a score I'm going to want to listen to apart from the film. Sadly. One listen of the album was enough, and the score in the movie was just "more" -- more frenetic, themeless passages, frantically paced like the worst moments of his Disney Star Wars scores. It didn't even have the "ethereal" moments CRYSTAL SKULL had -- which, by comparison, is a vastly superior score.

Edmund Kattak

#118 Post by Edmund Kattak »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:39 am Figures they provide an isolated score -- for the worst film and score in the series!

It's not a score I'm going to want to listen to apart from the film. Sadly. One listen of the album was enough, and the score in the movie was just "more" -- more frenetic, themeless passages, frantically paced like the worst moments of his Disney Star Wars scores. It didn't even have the "ethereal" moments CRYSTAL SKULL had -- which, by comparison, is a vastly superior score.
Agreed. I find it amusing though that a certain message board has already begun the groaning and excitement of this isolated score. It reminds me of THE LAST JEDI debacle.
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#119 Post by AndyDursin »

One thing's for sure -- the demo that likes the movie are people who regularly post on the FSM board (65+ I'd imagine). Just like the Hall Monitor says, it's clear people who dislike the film are in the minority on the FSM board, so there you have it. They should all be doing cartwheels for the isolated score :lol:

Monterey Jack

#120 Post by Monterey Jack »

You'd think people old enough to have "grown up" on the first three Indy movies would have hated Dial Of Destiny MORE, not less. :?
AndyDursin wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:39 am Figures they provide an isolated score -- for the worst film and score in the series!
We can't win. :(

It's kind of strange how few movies with Williams scores have ever offered an isolated music option on DVD, Blu or 4K. There's this, The Fury, the original Superman DVD, maybe?
Last edited by Monterey Jack on Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.