Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One - Official Trailer

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One - Official Trailer

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

I liked it a lot too. Some of these movies run together for me -- I confess the McQuarrie films are the ones I don't revisit that much, and I outright forgot Jeremy Renner was even there LOL -- but Cruise has totally found a nice place where he's able to entertain the audience without socio-political sermonizing. It's like he understands the nature of appealing to a wide audience and swath of viewers.

Sadly it's just doing "okay" business, I assume they are going to be fine internationally and even within the US because TOP GUN kind of kept going for weeks on end. I can see this doing fine over time because it's got great word of mouth.

I do confess -- I'm a little tired of the British female lead that now seems to be the "go to" casting choice in movies like this. Whether it's Keira Knightley or Daisy Ridley or Felicity Jones or Phoebe Waller-Bridge or Hayley Atwell, I feel like it's overplayed its hand.

I've read a few people also say they didn't like Atwell. I have to say, I thought her performance in the first hour was borderline dreadful and was the only hang-up I had outside the score. Her bulging eyes and "OMG!" reaction to what was going on -- it was like she was trying to act "overwhelmed" but it was too much, like she was too "aware" and was pushing too hard. Then she's supposed to be this great fighter and "take on" the bad guy mano e mano? I'm like, isn't she just some cunning thief? The whole character didn't seem to be a good fit with her. She was much better in the back half of the movie but I don't think she's a match for what Rebecca Ferguson brought to the series -- or as capable as an actress to be honest.

Monterey Jack

#17 Post by Monterey Jack »

Part two delayed to 2025. :x

AndyDursin

#18 Post by AndyDursin »

Ugh what the hell. I figured it was finished but I wonder if they're not going to make some changes now that the first part underperformed.

Rough summer ahead next year. I have zero interest in yet another QUIET PLACE movie, especially a 'prequel'.

Monterey Jack

#19 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:43 pm have zero interest in yet another QUIET PLACE movie, especially a 'prequel'.
Wasn't the opening ten minutes of the second one all the "prequel" we needed? :?

AndyDursin

#20 Post by AndyDursin »

Yes exactly! Now it's a full 100 minutes of it

Tellingly MI's next won't be named "Part 2" of Dead Recknoning anymore.I wonder what else is going to be "adjusted"...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/par ... 00775.html