Kathleen Kennedy To Exit After "Tribute" At Disney "Star Wars 23" Convention

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Edmund Kattak

Re: Kathleen Kennedy's Plan: Remake STAR WARS With LEIA As The Hero

#31 Post by Edmund Kattak »

When you take the critics out of the equation, it comes down to the resonance of the material to the audience - or individual. I don't give two sh**ts what the critic says or, sad to say, Lukas says..
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

Re: Kathleen Kennedy Will "Remake STAR WARS or Destroy It"

#32 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:19 pm"But if you've been watching kid's movies for decades, and are now a somewhat functioning adult...seriously, grow up and try to enjoy the good stuff."

https://www.lukaskendall.com/post/andor-premiere
Yes, I'm sure STAR WARS: ANDOR on Disney+ gives off that same vibe as watching CHINATOWN for the first time.

Monterey Jack

#33 Post by Monterey Jack »

I haven't even watched Andor, partly because October horror viewing is just around the corner, partly to let episodes build up so I can binge them and get it over with, but mostly....because I don't care. We KNOW Andor's gonna die in Rogue One, so why did we need TWENTY-FOUR episodes explaining, in excruciating detail, how he got there? :|

AndyDursin

#34 Post by AndyDursin »

Exactly. It's also true Rogue One is overrated by some because it looks better in the wake of the other garbage Star Wars products Disney has released, yet a prequel to it...wasnt on my radar anyway in terms of interest.

The funny thing is he didn't give much of a review. Just "it's for adults and that makes it good". I seem to remember him telling me Braveheart was crap back in the day also. Times have changed!! :lol:

AndyDursin

#35 Post by AndyDursin »

Our collective nightmare may at last be truly coming to an end...

mkaroly

Re: Kathleen Kennedy To Exit After "Tribute" At Disney "Star Wars 23" Convention

#36 Post by mkaroly »

Honestly, I don't understand corporate culture at all. Tell me what positive things she has done which would warrant a send-off like this? I just don't get it.

AndyDursin

Re: Kathleen Kennedy To Exit After "Tribute" At Disney "Star Wars 23" Convention

#37 Post by AndyDursin »

They will look at the bottom line and tell you how much money her projects took in
..of course not mentioning how expensive some of her movies and series cost because they were such a mess and needed to be fixed.

But Disney does so much virtue signaling. They will certainly mark her diversity in casting as a sign of quality...or mistake it as such!

Edmund Kattak

#38 Post by Edmund Kattak »

mkaroly wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:38 am Honestly, I don't understand corporate culture at all. Tell me what positive things she has done which would warrant a send-off like this? I just don't get it.
Happens all the time in the corporate world. When someone has either screwed up in a way that affects the long-term growth or product pipeline, they'll give him/her a big sendoff publicly in the eye of the employees, but privately, there is a reason why they're gone. I have seen it a few times firsthand. It also depends on the corporate culture too.
Indeed,
Ed

Monterey Jack

#39 Post by Monterey Jack »

This is WAY overdue, as Disney stock has been tanking like crazy under Kennedy's "leadership". Now maybe the studio can get back to making movies that please EVERYONE as opposed to only 25-year-old, purple-haired Twitter addicts who get "triggered" by everything. :D

Paul MacLean

#40 Post by Paul MacLean »

What annoys me is that Kennedy was handed the job of running LucasFilm and creatively supervising all these projects -- when she had never worked as a writer, director, or any kind of creative artist.

She was a producer (in tandem with with her husband lets not forget). And the only reason she got her foot in the door with Spielberg's company in the first place was due to the fact she was Steven's girlfriend.

AndyDursin

#41 Post by AndyDursin »

Wish this happened for real, but in the meantime the new South Park on Paramount+ sounds promising...

Monterey Jack

#42 Post by Monterey Jack »

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: