Disney's SNOW WHITE Pushed to 2025; Dwarves Return!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
mkaroly

Re: Disney's SNOW WHITE & HER SEVEN POLITICALLY CORRECT COMPANIONS

#31 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:02 am "She don't need no prince no more!" is not exactly the tagline to draw people into theaters
Lol... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is utterly fascinating to me...how much more can Disney damage its own brand? It is like they WANT to damage their own brand somehow...astounding to me that this is happening.

Monterey Jack

#32 Post by Monterey Jack »

mkaroly wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:08 am This is utterly fascinating to me...how much more can Disney damage its own brand? It is like they WANT to damage their own brand somehow...astounding to me that this is happening.
I think it's just a general "hook into the attitudes of the millennials" malaise that's affected EVERYTHING within the last eight or so years. :? Ghostbusters 2016 really kicked this into high gear, the idea of taking an older franchise, giving it a radical gender/racial/political/gay makeover, crow proudly over how "outdated" the original property was, and then play the "victim card" when the original fanbase - rightfully, in almost every case - complains. the thing is, not everyone in the world is on Twitter or TikTok. Studios are trying to curry favor with a very small subset of easily-outraged shut-ins, not realizing that the majority of audiences just want to BE ENTERTAINED, and don't want nostalgic things from their childhoods and adolescence tainted by socio-political BULLSH!T. Disney is just going whole-hog with this, and it's like their personal Vietnam...they've invested so much into going Full Woke that they can't pull out. At this point, it's like a chronic alcoholic puking blood into a toilet, yet still walking back up to the bar for another pint of beer. :cry:

AndyDursin

#33 Post by AndyDursin »

:D

AndyDursin

#34 Post by AndyDursin »

Excellent piece by Douglas Murray.

Monterey Jack

#35 Post by Monterey Jack »

I can't believe how many people are defending Zegler on Twitter and at FSM (wait, there, it makes sense :lol: ). She's casually badmouthing one of the greatest works of art of the 20th century, and yet trying to make it sound like it's OUR fault for complaining. :?

mkaroly

#36 Post by mkaroly »

In all honesty, if Disney wants to do this to their IPs, they have every right to do so. I am on record here as disliking Disney and all it stands for - so I should be thanking her and Kathleen Kennedy for taking the company down from the inside (though the price was awfully high in KK's case). At any rate, I am not attached to any of the Disney full length animated films at all - don't care about them, don't own any of them, and there are many I have not seen (nor care to see). It is a shame that those who have supported the company financially and verbally through the years are faced with a big middle finger in their face from The Mouse, but after all that's happened with KK, stocks, and reimagimed IPs just breaking even...it seems like they are determined to move forward with it anyway.

Monterey Jack

#37 Post by Monterey Jack »

Good for Disney if true...

AndyDursin

#38 Post by AndyDursin »

Nothing else they can do. She's a virtual non-celebrity -- not anyone who would sell a ticket at this point -- who mouths off months in advance of a corporate product that looks DOA to begin with. Meanwhile their stock is falling into the toilet.

Monterey Jack

#39 Post by Monterey Jack »

Of course, Disney pretty much paved the way for these millennial twerps to mouth off about the movies they're remaking by shoving inclusivity down audiences' throats for the last decade, so they're kind of full of sh!t for telling Zegler to zip it... :?

Monterey Jack

#40 Post by Monterey Jack »

Even women hate modern Disney "Girlbossification"...

AndyDursin

#41 Post by AndyDursin »

It sounds so good too... :lol:

Monterey Jack

#42 Post by Monterey Jack »

Monterey Jack

#43 Post by Monterey Jack »

Monterey Jack

#44 Post by Monterey Jack »

Sure, that's the reason... :lol:

AndyDursin

#45 Post by AndyDursin »

Looks like the focus group polling results are in...the "companions" or "magical creatures" look an awful lot like Dwarves again :mrgreen:

Also, pushed to 2025

Doomcock video: