GLADIATOR 2 Adds Denzel Washington to the Cast

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

GLADIATOR 2 Adds Denzel Washington to the Cast

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Ugh. Ridley can't leave another film of his alone.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/gladiator- ... 235212512/

Monterey Jack

Re: GLADIATOR 2 To Star Paul Mescal, Scott Directing

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

That's what I said. Lol. Some Hulu show?

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

Another monstrosity that I hope somehow doesn't see the light of day or fails miserably.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Ridley gets whatever he wants. Must be maximizing the grandkids' savings by this point. Oh and he's got another ALIEN coming too! :roll: :roll:

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:14 am Oh and he's got another ALIEN coming too! :roll: :roll:
Thought that was cancelled in favor of some Disney thing.

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

He's still the producer on it. Guess he finally decided not to direct another one (the last one was bad enough) but they're still acting like it's "his" franchise which is so weird because he didn't have a thing to do with it for like 20 years.

Stars shooting in a couple of weeks:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/374 ... next-year/

There's an FX series from Noah Hawley that's also coming too, supposedly mixing elements of ALIEN & ALIENS and is also supposed to be shooting "soon".

Monterey Jack

#8 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:20 pm He's still the producer on it. Guess he finally decided not to direct another one (the last one was bad enough) but they're still acting like it's "his" franchise which is so weird because he didn't have a thing to do with it for like 20 years.
The bizarre thing is that he Alien 3'd his OWN MOVIE with Alien: Covenant, where he unceremoniously killed off Noomi Rapace's Shaw character in-between movies (you have to watch a short on the Covenant Blu just to see her fate!), only to replace her with a more wan female lead in Katherine Waterston's character. :? Just like The Rise Of Skywalker, Covenant took the Annie Wilkes approach in giving the fans "What they want" in the most backpeddling, insulting way possible.

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

Except the audience didn't want it! lol.

Terrible
script, took a dump on PROMETHEUS' best elements, used the old Star Trek episode template of "let's beam down to the planet and meet some guy who's not who he says he is, then get in trouble". Woefully BAD, amped up sex/violence atypical for even the previous two series movies Scott made, with one of the worst endings of all-time. And no it's not hyperbole to say that, I wanted to throw something at the screen at the end of that.

mkaroly

#10 Post by mkaroly »

Alien: Covenant was brilliant...I don't know why you all are hating on the movie so much.

Lol...JUST KIDDING! :lol: Even I, being the resident champion of ALIEN 3 on this message board, have not been able to go back and watch the film after seeing it in theaters...making it the only ALIEN film I have seen only once. Heck, I have seen AVP: Requiem at least three times, and that isn't exactly a positive movie. 'Nuff said.

As far as Gladiator 2, I have no desire to see it. Somewhere along the line Ridley Scott just lost me (it was before PROMETHEUS...a film I really like, BTW)...can't pinpoint when, but I have lost interest in his projects. And I am in the minority on this, but I didn't think Gladiator was all that great of a movie. It was okay with an annoying score (IMO)...but not this legendary film people (especially men) make it out to be.

Paul MacLean

#11 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:20 am I wanted to throw something at the screen at the end of that.
Me too, but I was asleep! :mrgreen:

AndyDursin

#12 Post by AndyDursin »

Things starting to get lean for Denzel? A supporting role in a sequel to a film he wasn't involved with reeks of something he's doing a) for the money and b) would never have done years ago.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/denzel-was ... 235302321/

Monterey Jack

Re: GLADIATOR 2 Adds Denzel Washington to the Cast

#13 Post by Monterey Jack »

Denzel signing on is what made me sit up and pay attention, frankly.

AndyDursin

#14 Post by AndyDursin »

Movie has no star power at all so it needed something. Probably plays some slave trader or something. This movie's Oliver Reed? Maybe not.

Just interesting he's taking a supporting role, that's never been MO before, but he's getting older so there's that part of it.

Monterey Jack

#15 Post by Monterey Jack »

Maybe he just wanted to work with Scott again. And I'm sure he'll cash a big paycheck even in a supporting capacity.