BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - 78 Movie - Coming to 4K UHD

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - 78 Movie - Coming to 4K UHD

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Aussie release but is certain to pop up elsewhere!

John Johnson

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - 78 Movie - Coming to 4K UHD

#2 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:42 pm Aussie release but is certain to pop up elsewhere!

Maybe one of the boutique labels
London. Greatest City in the world.

Eric Paddon

#3 Post by Eric Paddon »

If the series comes to 4K with some new extras I'll bite. But no matter what format it's in the, theatrical cut of the pilot is a compromised version of the story from my standpoint because the widescreen reformatting loses info, and also it's missing 40 minutes of important material from the original pilot film airing.

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:31 pm If the series comes to 4K with some new extras I'll bite. But no matter what format it's in the, theatrical cut of the pilot is a compromised version of the story from my standpoint because the widescreen reformatting loses info, and also it's missing 40 minutes of important material from the original pilot film airing.
That's nothing. When the film was released in the UK, the feature film version was edited even more. Most of the scenes with Laurette Spang were severely cut.

Eric Paddon

#5 Post by Eric Paddon »

Also lost was Maren Jensen's one great scene in the entire run of the series when Starbuck confronts her in the locker room and they have an awkward conversation that explains why their relationship has been negatively impacted as a result of the Destruction.

The theatrical cut had one scene that was not in the TV cut (when Adama enters the Council Chamber and learns of Sire Uri's scheme to advocate unilateral disarmament. The TV version picks this scene up in mid-stream).

I put together my own expanded edit of the TV cut using the deleted scenes supplements from the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fcq2dz5yh6gk ... d.mp4?dl=0

John Johnson

#6 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:00 pm Also lost was Maren Jensen's one great scene in the entire run of the series when Starbuck confronts her in the locker room and they have an awkward conversation that explains why their relationship has been negatively impacted as a result of the Destruction.

Yep, that was missing too from the UK print. In fact, when CIC Video (the UK arm of Universal and Paramount Home Video) released the the feature film, they chose to release the US version. The UK print was no longer around.

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Due out 7-11...this will be live soon I'd imagine:

John Johnson

#8 Post by John Johnson »

John Johnson

#9 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

$9.99!

Eric Paddon

#11 Post by Eric Paddon »

I had enough Amex points to get it for nothing. Since I'm now on a kick of having all variants of Galactica in terms of official releases (paperbacks, comic books etc.) accounted for, I figured I'd be a fool to say no to a freebie even though I'll only look at a few minutes to see the overall quality and get a sense of how the show itself might look in a full 4K release.

John Johnson

#12 Post by John Johnson »

Picked mine up in the Best Buy sale for $9.99, along with Band of Brothers for the same price.