"These Aren't the New STAR WARS Movie Announcements You've Been Waiting For"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

"These Aren't the New STAR WARS Movie Announcements You've Been Waiting For"

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Daisy Ridley needs to eat! (Like for real).

Can't wait for THE RETURN OF REY! :lol:

AndyDursin

Re: "These Aren't the New STAR WARS Movie Announcements You've Been Waiting For"

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Hopefully THE MANDALORIAN movie will finish off the series better than this horrid new season. In the wake of "the worst episode ever!" It's probably a good idea to call it quits before the wheels totally fall off.

Monterey Jack

Re: "These Aren't the New STAR WARS Movie Announcements You've Been Waiting For"

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Bringing back Ewan McGregor for an Obi-Wan series at least had a modicum of nostalgia for people who were kids when the Prequels were released (and it aired over 17 years after the last time he played the character), but it's been THREE-AND-A-HALF YEARS since Daisy Ridley last played Rey (and in a lousy film, no less), so who's clamoring for this, exactly? At least Adam Driver escaped the black hole of the Disney universe and has branched out into many roles since, but Ridley truly has nothing to offer, which is why she's sheepishly returning to the one assured paycheck she can get.

Last edited by Monterey Jack on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

Also, casting MEW as a Twi'lek...ew.

Edmund Kattak

#5 Post by Edmund Kattak »

These are perhaps the most entertaining "Star Wars" spinoffs that I've seen yet. It's Mystery Science Theater 3000 by way of the prequels. Funny series.

Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah....what a surprise this is.

The Katee Sackhoff character does nothing for me at all.

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

I didn't even bother with watching the third season.

Star Wars is dead to me. Even the "acclaimed" Andor bored me to tears. Disney's gonna lose their shirts on a Mandalorian movie...without the Mandalorian!

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

The third season sucked. A couple of good episodes but even Theo's interest was gone by the end -- he watched one episode of OBI WAN and that was the end of STAR WARS for him (he's never mentioned it since!). 8)

It's too bad because the first season of THE MANDALORIAN showed the potential for making new, fresh Star Wars content with "the Star Wars flavor" but its own feel and characters. Then, and probably because it became so popular, Kennedy had to meddle and other Disney execs as well, and it went downhill. Too much connection eventually with all the other characters and franchises...and some bad writing and creative choices to boot.

Really you knew they were lost when that BOBA FETT show was a total trainwreck, but got salvaged by turning into THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 2.5 in its final couple of episodes!

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

"Hey it's me I'm still here!"

So she "owes them a draft" does she? This is another STAR WARS project that's never getting made.

Monterey Jack

#10 Post by Monterey Jack »

For a studio that's kept three MCU movies per year spinning since roughly 2015, WHY is it so hard to get a theatrical Star Wars project off the ground, one that's NOT connected to one of the D+ or animated shows? :?

AndyDursin

#11 Post by AndyDursin »

:mrgreen: this looks like Super Crap :lol:

Edmund Kattak

#12 Post by Edmund Kattak »

It looks like high-budget CGI Cosplay. Also, what's with the title. Is that designed to roll of the kiddie's tongues?

Star Wars - The Troglodyte
Indeed,
Ed

Monterey Jack

#13 Post by Monterey Jack »

I’m more and more glad I let my D+ subscription lapse.

AndyDursin

#14 Post by AndyDursin »

So George backed Iger because he "knows how to keep the magic going?"

You know what, to hell with him too.

mkaroly

#15 Post by mkaroly »

I think it's funny that it took him this long (Doomcock). I watched the video...it took him this long to figure out what a dope George Lucas is? Lucas proved it when he made the special editions of Episodes 4-6 and refuses to allow the original films to be released. Why is he or anyone surprised (even after the enslavement comment) that Lucas would support Iger and Disney? I do find it surprising that, as a shareholder, he is not alarmed about Disney's financial situation (maybe it's getting better?)...anyway, Doomcock should just enjoy Episodes 4 thru 6 and move on.