BEETLEJUICE 2 Confirmed By Danny Elfman

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

BEETLEJUICE 2 Confirmed By Danny Elfman

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

I was good after 2 episodes of WEDNESDAY -- and this sounds similar, also designed around Jenna Ortega, here as Winona Ryder's daughter, from the same "Smallville" writers who created that show with Burton. BEETLE isn't my favorite Burton movie either but for the folks wanting a return to nostalgiaville...
Details as to the sequel’s plot are under wraps, though it’s understood that Burton will return to direct from a script by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, the co-creators and co-showrunners of the smash hit Netflix series Wednesday, on which he is a direct and EP, and for which Elfman has composed the score. Keaton and Ryder are expected to reprise their roles, with Jenna Ortega joining the cast as the daughter of Ryder’s Lydia. Brad Pitt’s Plan B is also aboard the project, which will shoot this summer in London.

Elfman’s Beetlejuice comments came during a chat with Wednesday‘s Gough and Millar, during which he expressed his desire to perform his music for the show in concert, as he has for so many of the iconic films with which he’s been involved. “I can see that’s going to have to happen at some point…I think it’s kind of inevitable because we still do this show, Elfman-Burton — you know, music from the films of Tim Burton — and perform it all over the place. I have performances coming up this year and it’s like, that’s got to find it’s way in there,” said the Emmy- and Grammy-winning composer. “It’s inevitable that it’s going to have to happen sometime because I feel like it’s really now part of the Elfman-Burton, Burton-Elfman thing that we’ve created, the Wednesday theme.”
https://deadline.com/2023/05/beetlejuic ... 235355363/

Eric W.

Re: BEETLEJUICE 2 Confirmed By Danny Elfman

#2 Post by Eric W. »

No. Just no.

I'm sooooo tired of the way "way too late/way after the fact/bring out the fossils" sequelitis. I think I hate this even more than prequelitis and that's saying something. This is at least 20 years too late.

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Okay, this poster is hella clever... :lol:

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

Eric W. wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:26 am No. Just no.

I'm sooooo tired of the way "way too late/way after the fact/bring out the fossils" sequelitis. I think I hate this even more than prequelitis and that's saying something. This is at least 20 years too late.
With you 100%.

What's next? Breakfast Club 40-Year High School Reunion? :roll: