Taylor Swift turns movie theaters into mosh pits.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Taylor Swift turns movie theaters into mosh pits.

#1 Post by Monterey Jack »

This looks like a NIGHTMARE...and to think that Killers Of The Flower Moon will be playing right next door to screens showing this next weekend. :shock:

AndyDursin

Re: Taylor Swift turns movie theaters into mosh pits.

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm good with waiting a couple of weeks for the home stream. Sitting in a theater for 4 hours isn't high on my agenda either

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

I don't have whatever service Flower Moon is gonna be on, so it's theaters or bust. Plus, I wanna encourage all streaming services to release their movies theatrically as possible (because that encourages a possible disc release down the line). Not looking forward to holding in my pee for 3-12 hours, though. :?

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Scorsese has cache that landed THE IRISHMAN on a Criterion release -- and pretty quickly at that relatively speaking -- so I'd imagine something could be worked out here eventually or maybe he has a clause in the contract that there has to be a physical release at a certain point. But in general, streaming services who fork over a fortune to make a movie want to ensure its going to get its budget back.

Edmund Kattak

#5 Post by Edmund Kattak »

Christopher Nolan offers this perspective on the Taylor Swift theater experiece.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/chri ... V_CUjWCjWI
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

It's not the right lesson though. All it's doing is reinforcing the desire to stage social media hyped "events" designed to get people to go to the movies every now and then when the right thing comes around. It's not going to help anything but huge budget prefab blockbusters and "special event" movies.

It's certainly a different world than the one I grew up in. When you'd get out of school, meet your Dad and go see GOODFELLAS on a Friday afternoon. Then every week, or every other week, everything that opened in the fall was aimed at someone over the age of 12. Almost exclusively.

A concept that is absolutely gone from theaters.
Someone saying it's the same has utterly no clue what they are saying.

Those days are over, granted there was no internet and TV wasnt what it is now, but other than Hollywood throwing a bone every few MONTHS with a Nolan or Scorsese film (two guys whose work on balance I'd say is overrated too) there's nothing to see or support unless you're a man child that jumps up and down when some Disney franchise gets a new installment. Or you're stuck with kids who need to get out of the house.

Alexander Payne sums it up...

Edmund Kattak

#7 Post by Edmund Kattak »

I agree with what Alexander Payne said. Also, I am kind of interested in seeing his new movie when it comes out in theaters. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I appreciate that he's trying to tell stories that are interesting. `I'm looking forward to THE HOLDOVERS. Some of the scenes in the trailers have been hilarious, especially the "I got thrown out of Harvard for hitting my roomate..." story.
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Some subtle acting at hand here by Brendan Fraser :shock: :lol: