Disney, $equels, $equels, $equels...!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Disney, $equels, $equels, $equels...!

#1 Post by Monterey Jack »

Moana 2 being recontextualized from a D+ series into a theatrical movie late in the game is not an encouraging idea. :? It's obvious Disney realizes that streaming is not the fountain of money they anticipated in 2020, and are in desperate need of THEATRICAL hits, but I can't imagine a TV series getting chopped down into a two-hour movie will be especially narratively consistent.

AndyDursin

Re: Disney, $equels, $equels, $equels...!

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

ZZZZZ. Wow, a reconfigured Disney+ series? Talk about a cash grab. Good luck to anyone who forks over money to see it, I could care less about a sequel to MOANA as I'd imagine most people would over the age of 12-15. :lol:

Streaming actually does make lots of money -- the issue is the studios spent billions during COVID in an effort to pipe in so much content it would lure people away from rival services. So they all overspent and are still in the hole. At some point it will turn a profit because people aren't going back to the movies between the lack of content and lack of quality content.

Disney also released SOUL last month to theaters I believe -- what a disaster that turned out to be. Made so little money I wonder if they'll even bother to push LUCA and the rest of the "covid cartoons" out there.