JOKER 2 Costs $200 Million!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

JOKER 2 Costs $200 Million!

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Found it hilarious the "gritty" JOKER is being supplanted by JOKER 2's $200 million musical extravaganza budget (complete with $25 mil payday for Joaquin Phoenix)...over 3x the budget of the hugely overpraised original.

What I find funny though is this notion "the super hero movie is about to make a comeback!!" because a) there won't be many of them and b) DEADPOOL 3 and JOKER 2 will make all this money. Like that will make up for Disney's crap track record of THE MARVELS, THE ETERNALS and all their other garbage, not to mention the WBDC bombs of the last few years.

Problem is -- neither is a traditional "super hero" genre film at ALL. Both are R rated. DEADPOOL is a comedy. JOKER will try to find some major audience crossover with Lady Gaga. These aren't PG-13 rated films aimed at the genre's target audience of 15 year old teenagers and aging 50-60 something fanboys who wear T-shirts to their opening day.

Anyway I disliked JOKER 1 so won't be paying to see it. As for DEADPOOL the trailer is shockingly lame and the joke looks like it's run dry. Leave it to Disney to zap Deadpool after doing the same to Star Wars and the rest of the Marvel universe.

Eric W.

Re: JOKER 2 Costs $200 Million!

#2 Post by Eric W. »

I think it's all long since run its course. Naturally we can expect Disney to make it even worse.

Paul MacLean

#3 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:37 am Found it hilarious the "gritty" JOKER is being supplanted by JOKER 2's $200 million musical extravaganza budget (complete with $25 mil payday for Joaquin Phoenix)...over 3x the budget of the hugely overpraised original.
A musical?

Since the first one was a ripoff of Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy, does this mean the sequel will crib from New York, New York? :mrgreen:

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

Meanwhile, the budget for this summer's Despicable Me 4 is around $80 million. The original cost $69 million fourteen years ago.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

Ridley Scott says, "Hold my pint..." :shock: