RIP Lou Gossett Jr.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

RIP Lou Gossett Jr.

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

One of my favorite performances of his...

AndyDursin

Re: RIP Lou Gossett Jr.

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Nice long interview with the also recently departed Bobbie Wygant from OFFICER's press junket...

...and more recently on ENEMY MINE...

Eric W.

#3 Post by Eric W. »

I haven't heard about him for quite some time. RIP.

andy b

#4 Post by andy b »

What a tremendous and kind person, who had a marvelous sense of humour and seem to truly respect his fans.

First crossed paths on Jaws 3, which by the way if they had wanted a better film, they should have just released Lou cheering up the cast and crew, he did his best to raise everyone’s spirits as the film just stumbled on into production issues and a complete lack of coherence! Aslo no fault of Joe Alves that one is 100% on Universal!!

Next up was Firewalker and if ever there was a pairing that should have had another it was Lou and Chuck, found them to be delightful and yet again did the best with what they had.

Last film wise was A Good Man in Africa, small part but for whatever reason UIP decided it was worth the push and he came over to the UK despite a smaller part and seemed happy to do so.

Then out of the blue, I was working at the Hollywood Show in LA in 2013, he saw me and came over to ask if I could help him out! I was amazed he even remembered!

Delightful soul, who I often wished many in the industry would copy as he had much to teach them.

Thank you, Lou, for your gift to us and no matter what ratings are on web sites and no matter what reviews came out, you gave us great entertainment. Gift to so many by one person.

Andy b

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Wonderful memories Andy, thank you for sharing! I'm heartened to know what he often projected on-screen resembled his actual self -- a lot of heart, a lot of class.

Paul MacLean

#6 Post by Paul MacLean »

Yes, thank-you Andy for your wonderful reminiscences.

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

I remember attending an industry screening at 20th Century Fox in London. Plenty of wine and snacks to keep the audience happy. LOL

When the film was relased on VHS in the UK, it was voiced by none other than Tom Baker.

London. Greatest City in the world.