Route 66

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
JSWalsh

Route 66

#1 Post by JSWalsh »

I picked the first season of this up from the library and was curious if anyone here had seen the show, and could offer some thoughts.

I'll post some comments as I watch, but was wondering if there were any fans here.
John

Eric Paddon

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

I have the first two seasons. I can't call myself a fan, because before I got the sets I'd never seen an episode before but I'm usually willing to give vintage TV drama a shot, especially since this came from the same production team responsible for "Naked City" which I had come to enjoy on DVD.

I've watched only about five episodes total but I do find the use of location shooting impressive, plus the anthology format allowing for great guest star spotlights from week to week.

Janice Rule shines in an early S1 episode (even though they used a lousy quality print) and I also enjoyed Julie Newmar in a S2 guest shot where she plays a free-spirited heiress with a penchant for getting into trouble (if they'd ever given Julie Newmar's Catwoman an alter ego, it should have been this character!).

That said though, I will admit that when it comes to TV shows that open with a shot of Martin Milner driving, I'm more partial to "Adam-12". :)