Titanic Special Edition DVD.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Titanic Special Edition DVD.

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Is the new edition of the DVD worth getting? Any interviews with James Horner?

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

There are 3 and 4 disc versions floating around depending on where you are in the world...I think it's a superb set, there's an interview with Horner, the DTS soundtrack is nice, there are ample deleted scenes and loads of featurettes. The 4 disc set has some extra featurettes but nothing major, it's basically the same as the U.S. version but with a couple of extra things on there.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:There are 3 and 4 disc versions floating around depending on where you are in the world...I think it's a superb set, there's an interview with Horner, the DTS soundtrack is nice, there are ample deleted scenes and loads of featurettes. The 4 disc set has some extra featurettes but nothing major, it's basically the same as the U.S. version but with a couple of extra things on there.
One version kicking around the U.K. even has a FIVE discs.

Bill Williams

Re: Titanic Special Edition DVD

#4 Post by Bill Williams »

What's on the fourth disc are the three Titanic spoofs - the MTV Movie Awards skit with Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, and James Cameron; the Saturday Night Live skit with Bill Paxton reprising his role as Brock Lovett; and the animated "Titanic in 30 Seconds with Bunnies" - all of them hidden as Easter eggs on the third disc of the Region 1 set.

In addition, the fourth disc also contains a gallery of theatrical and teaser trailers promoting the film, as well as the HBO First Look special on the making of the film (with some deleted scenes that are not in the film or on the DVD).
I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise.

Eric W.

Re: Titanic Special Edition DVD.

#5 Post by Eric W. »

John Johnson wrote:Is the new edition of the DVD worth getting? Any interviews with James Horner?
HELL YEAH!

They did an AMAZING job with this thing!

This isn't studio double dipping. This is the way a deluxe version should always be done.

If you liked the movie AT ALL...GET IT NOW!

Jedbu

Titanic box set

#6 Post by Jedbu »

:D I think this is a wonderful set. I only wish all the docs that showed the film in production were included (there was one on NBC and another on the History Channel as I recall).

The 6.1 DTS track is astounding-it really gives my system a workout! One of the best sounding DVDs ever!

Now if Fox would just upgrade THE ABYSS with DTS and 16X9 and give us a SE of TRUE LIES. . .
JDvDHeise

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."-Gene Wilder to Cleavon Little in BLAZING SADDLES