Searching for Scorsese's Italian American on video

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Paul MacLean

Searching for Scorsese's Italian American on video

#1 Post by Paul MacLean »

I have a good frind who grew-up in Little Italy in the 60s, who's birthday is coming-up, and I wanted to get him a copy of Martin Scorsese's documentary Italian American.

However, searches for this title on DVD have come-up nill. Amazon has links to private sellers who are peddling the VHS...starting at $47 (no thanks).

I could kick myelf because I recorded it off the Bravo channel years ago, but erased it.:x

Is there anyone around here who has it and could possibly make me a DVD-R? Maybe we could arrange a trade for some stuff I have?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul MacLean

#2 Post by Paul MacLean »

Hasn't ANYONE heard of this movie?:?

Paul

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

I've heard of it but it hasn't been in circulation for years and years. Even the lone IMDB comment is from someone who saw a CLIP at Brown when Scorsese was there -- not even the full documentary, just a clip!

There's no DVD, the VHS has been out of print, and the movie is never screened....don't know what else you can do Paul :cry:

Paul MacLean

#4 Post by Paul MacLean »

AndyDursin wrote:I've heard of it but it hasn't been in circulation for years and years. Even the lone IMDB comment is from someone who saw a CLIP at Brown when Scorsese was there -- not even the full documentary, just a clip!
They showed it on Bravo once (in the good old days -- before they had commercials and actually showed interesting films). But they never showed it again.
There's no DVD, the VHS has been out of print, and the movie is never screened....don't know what else you can do Paul :cry:
Its too bad. I think its one of the most interesting things Scorcese ever made. I can't imagine why its not available from Criterion or someone. Oh well, thanks for the info Andy...even if its bad news.:(

Paul