Kino Lorber - "While Supplies Last Sale" Adds Over 70 Titles

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Kino Lorber - "While Supplies Last Sale" Adds Over 70 Titles

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Some 70+ titles added to the roster:

Eric Paddon

Re: Kino Lorber - "While Supplies Last Sale" Adds Over 70 Titles

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

It is only because the death of physical media looms larger on the horizon that I decided to do an order:

A Bill of Divorcement aka Never to Love (1940)
Buona Sera, Mrs. Campbell
Inspector Clouseau
The People That Time Forgot
Taras Bulba
Cover Up
Topkapi

I initially had Land That Time Forgot in the cart but then suddenly that was "out of stock" and if I'd kept it in the order I'd never have seen the rest of this! (Quickly went over and grabbed that at Amazon for just a little more).

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Surprised to see Wild Palms in that list, as that seemed like a big "get" for Kino, and it's barely a year old.

Anyways, picked up that, as well as The Grissom Gang, The Killing of Sister George (I'm on a Robert Aldrich kick at the moment), The Woman in the Window and Taras Bulba. $56.95 for a lot, with $8 taken off thanks to some recent digital copy sales. :) All blind buys, save for Wild Palms, and even that was a miniseries I only sampled the first episode of back in the day before dropping it (it was probably too "cerebral" for a not-quite nineteen-year-old in '93).

sprocket

#4 Post by sprocket »

I'll be making an order as soon as I can figure out if I have The Land That Time Forgot or The People That Time Forgot.

I seem to remember watching one of them... but can't find either of them in my bookshelves. :cry:

My understanding of Temporarily Out of Stock is just that they have to get more boxes from a warehouse, not that they have to repress the release or anything.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Except these titles are all going out of print so whenever they run out, it's over. I don't think they typically "restock" anything that ends up on this list, do they?

sprocket

#6 Post by sprocket »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:09 pm Except these titles are all going out of print so whenever they run out, it's over. I don't think they typically "restock" anything that ends up on this list, do they?
I've been following WSL sale for about 6 months now and as far as I see releases just disappear from the list when they run out. Sometimes they find a box or two and reappear, but most of the time are just deleted.

Per someone else at blu-ray.com: "If I remember right, KLI said Temporarily out of Stock means the stock is being moved from one warehouse/place to another warehouse/place, and hasn't arrived yet to the 2nd place, so it shows TooS until arrival. I've had a few titles show this (after I ordered them), but they always shipped within 3-4 days."

Per the Kino Lorber Insider at blu-ray.com "Temporarily out of stock means we're waiting for stock to be delivered to our "direct to consumer" warehouse, when a title is sold out, the sales option button is completely removed."

I jumped in and picked up up a bunch:

The Wild Heart / Gone to Earth (Special Edition) $9.99
Intermezzo aka Intermezzo: A Love Story $9.99
The Kentuckian $9.99
The Killing of Sister George $11.99
Portrait of Jennie $9.99
Topaze $9.99
The Young in Heart $9.99
Kotch (Special Edition) $7.99
The Farmer's Daughter $9.99
The People That Time Forgot $9.99

Still don't know if I already have The People That Time Forgot or The Land That Time Forgot (or neither). :D
Last edited by sprocket on Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Paddon

#7 Post by Eric Paddon »

I am VERY pissed. My order is listed as "delivered" by UPS on Sunday at the "mailbox" but I received nothing. Not on my front step (which is where it should be left) and not in the mail room of my complex (which is NOT where they should go and how could they get in????) And Kino has no phone number contact so I had to fill out one of those stupid on-line forms.

That is the last time I order direct from them, ever.

Edmund Kattak

#8 Post by Edmund Kattak »

Eric Paddon wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:40 pm I am VERY pissed. My order is listed as "delivered" by UPS on Sunday at the "mailbox" but I received nothing. Not on my front step (which is where it should be left) and not in the mail room of my complex (which is NOT where they should go and how could they get in????) And Kino has no phone number contact so I had to fill out one of those stupid on-line forms.

That is the last time I order direct from them, ever.
When I ordered last year, I had a similar situation. UPS said delivered, but they delivered it to the Post office. It took two additional days to receive after that.
Indeed,
Ed

Eric Paddon

#9 Post by Eric Paddon »

I got an e-mail from Kino that says "Please allow a few more days for your package to be delivered. Often UPS and USPS drivers are marking packages delivered before they really are. We will also inquire with the fulfillment house. In most cases packages are arriving. Unfortunately, we have no control over this."

So all these drivers are making false entries? What a joke.

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

That sucks -- from my viewpoint this is your post office's issue.

My order was delivered on Sunday morning by my USPS driver, though the UPS tracking says it was "delivered at mailbox" (which it was -- just not by them!).

What Kino is using is UPS Innovations, which means the order is shipped through UPS, but on the "last leg" of the process, UPS hands it off to your local post office for consumer delivery. (Fedex has an identical process, "Fedex Smartpost").

At times they do these deliveries on "off hours" (like Sundays) or by specific USPS drivers. Other times they will show up when their loads are light and feel like doing it, though generally they don't keep these sitting around long from my experience. So who knows if they delivered it and/or to the wrong locale, OR if they scanned it as "delivered" and it's just sitting in there, waiting for them to actually bring it to you. Like Ed said, that could well happen.

I wouldn't panic just yet, but if you want to call your local post office, that's the place that can likely provide answers, because they're the ones who are actually delivering it.

Eric Paddon

#11 Post by Eric Paddon »

Well it showed up today. The idiot Post office person left it in our mailroom (they won't leave packages on our doorsteps any longer which is a joke of itself) and the label totally obscured my address which is why it was almost impossible to spot at first.

Monterey Jack

#12 Post by Monterey Jack »

Got my order today, plunked right down next to my apartment door. The Grissom Gang had a cracked case, but the insert was only slightly wrinkled, and I have stacks of replacement cases at the ready, so it doesn't really bother me. :)

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

As a sign I have too many discs, I ordered a copy of LOVE AT LARGE for the second time, forgetting I ordered it about 18 months ago. :lol: And I only bought it because Elizabeth Perkins was in it, back in her frizzy haired 80s phase.

Monterey Jack

#14 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:31 pmAnd I only bought it because Elizabeth Perkins was in it, back in her frizzy haired 80s phase.
And you gave me crap for ordering The Allnighter... :P

AndyDursin

#15 Post by AndyDursin »

LOL. I understood why you bought it, I was just telling you how bad it was! :lol: