Elisabeth Shue Returns!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Elisabeth Shue Returns!

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:It IS a fun movie, too -- don't forget Vincent D'Onofrio as Thor, future "Rent" star Anthony Rapp, and indeed Bradley Whitford (later of The West Wing) as the snake who cancels on Elisabeth at the last minute.
I was also stunned reading the end credits to realize that Shue's mousy friend she was going to pick up at the bus station was played by Penelope Ann Miller! :shock: It's amazing what a pair of glasses will do... :wink:
Yes!

Joel Zwick ended up directing a TV pilot in '89 with Jennifer Guthrie (who?) as Chris Parker and Joey Lawrence as one of her charges. Didn't make it to air (thankfully).

mkaroly

#17 Post by mkaroly »

UGH! As usual, late again to the thread. My favorite Shue movie is SOAPDISH- I don't know what it is, but I can watch that film over and over again. Guilty pleaure.

"Did the mute speak?"

MikeSkerritt

#18 Post by MikeSkerritt »

Shue is one of those actresses, like Jennifer Beals or Annabella Sciorra, who's just getting more gorgeous as she ages. I'm a big fan.

Jedbu

SOAPDISH-needs to be rediscovered.

#19 Post by Jedbu »

:) I saw SOAPDISH as a sneak preview with MADONNA-TRUTH OR DARE :? and really enjoyed it. For me, the scene with Kevin Kline performing DEATH OF A SALESMAN in dinner theater is just classic and the film would make a great double bill with TOOTSIE, IMHO.

As for Ms Shue-:twisted:! She looked delectable in KARATE KID (the only thing I liked about the film) and in BABYSITTING, seeing her in that swimming pool in LEAVING LAS VEGAS. . .oooohhhh!

It's too bad she has been in such merda recently. I thought that HOLLOW MAN was just awful-even Goldsmith's score was just OK. Why do all invisible men get this urge to rape/kill/pillage? Just once it would be nice to see a different tack on this.
JDvDHeise

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."-Gene Wilder to Cleavon Little in BLAZING SADDLES

Monterey Jack

#20 Post by Monterey Jack »

This thread needs more pictures. :wink:

MikeSkerritt

#21 Post by MikeSkerritt »

I'm telling you, the woman's getting hotter with age.

AndyDursin

#22 Post by AndyDursin »

Monty, your contributions are much appreciated as always into this discussion :)