Doctor Who is Finally here!!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Doctor Who is Finally here!!

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Just got this bit of news this morning.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4599

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Good news but a $100 price tag...is the show really bad? I can't believe it's never going to be broadcast in the U.S. and is going straight to DVD first.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

Nobody seems all that interested in the show. The best way for fans to see it will be on dvd. I'll be getting them, if only to change my copies.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:Nobody seems all that interested in the show. The best way for fans to see it will be on dvd. I'll be getting them, if only to change my copies.
How many episodes is it? That $100 price tag seems awfully steep.

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

Thirteen 45 minutes episodes. However, you might to read this review.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59298

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

TVshowsondvd says the set has been delayed for no reason, though they do speculate it's possible they're still trying to shop it to a U.S. broadcast outlet here.

Carlson2005

#7 Post by Carlson2005 »

The series has been picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel. Apparently there weren't enough episodes for the channel when they were first offered it, but with the second series in production it's easier for them to schedule.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Carlson2005 wrote:The series has been picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel. Apparently there weren't enough episodes for the channel when they were first offered it, but with the second series in production it's easier for them to schedule.
Good. I doubt it's going to live up to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (and apparently it doesn't from the sounds of it), but I'm still interested in checking it out.

John Johnson

#9 Post by John Johnson »

Carlson2005 wrote:The series has been picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel. Apparently there weren't enough episodes for the channel when they were first offered it, but with the second series in production it's easier for them to schedule.
The BBC offered it to them sometime back. Their official comment then was 'the show doesn't fit into our schedule.' Now that every country in the world have bought the show, it's interesting to see how they have changed their tune. Of course, they have only bought the first series, with an option for the second. I for one have seen the series and looking forward to getting the DVDs (now July 4). It's certainly alot better than those Sci-Fi Original movies they show. The series is due to air sometime in March.

John Johnson

#10 Post by John Johnson »

It looks like the Canadian release of Doctor Who is now back on for February.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4974