Twilight Zone The movie

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
andy b

Twilight Zone The movie

#1 Post by andy b »

Being a Dante, Miller, Landis & Spielberg fan & a complete Jerry Goldsmith geek (yes I own up to being a completeist where Goldsmith is concerned).

What are the chances of this ever coming to DVD?

I understand the tragic events that took place with Vic Morrow, but would it not be some kind of tribute to actually see his last performance?

andy b

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Andy,
It's a good question, I was wondering the same the other night after I finished flipping through my Season 5 Original TZ box set (which is fantastic, just like the other Image sets).

After thinking about it, I doubt you will ever see a "Special" edition of TZ-THE MOVIE -- too many hurt feelings, legal problems, animosity, and nightmares involved...for starters, have Landis and Spielberg ever spoken to each other since? I doubt anyone would want to talk about a film most everyone involved has forgotten about and moved on from (and with good reason; if it wasn't for Goldsmith's score and the last Miller segment, the movie's not even worth watching).

Getting out on DVD is a definite possibility...but something tells me it's a film nobody wants to revisit...and Spielberg himself may be the reason why it's never been released (who knows; as producer he likely has a say in it, and perhaps Warner doesn't want to get involved and dig up old, sad feelings about the whole experience).