AVENGERS ENDGAME Runs 181 Minutes

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

AVENGERS ENDGAME Runs 181 Minutes

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

...not going to end soon enough for me! :mrgreen:

Monterey Jack

Re: AVENGERS ENDGAME Runs 181 Minutes

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Me at the two-hour mark:

jkholm

#3 Post by jkholm »

My predictions for what happens in ENDGAME based on the running time.

0:00 -1:00 Our heroes are Very Sad. Endless scenes of the world coping with the deaths caused by Thanos.

1:00 – 2:00 Getting the band back together. Someone has a plan that Just Might Work, but all the heroes need to be in agreement. Strong probability that two heroes fight each other for no good reason.

2:00 – 2:20 Implementing the Plan. It goes great until…

2:20 – 2:25 The plan fails! Has Thanos won? No because…

2:25 – 2:35 The REAL plan is put into place. Our heroes win but at a great cost. At least one hero dies “for real.” Another retires.

2:35 – 2:45 The surviving heroes gather at the funeral but remind us there is always hope.

2:45 – 3:00 End Credits

Post Credits scenes: In a surprising move that will cause fanboys to gasp and cheer, a hitherto unannounced hero appears as a teaser to a future film. Probably somebody from the X-Men or Fantastic Four. In the final scene, a long-standing hero is revealed to be a shape-shifting Skrull!

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

John, I think you nailed it, right down to the X-universe tease. Is there enough money to lure Jackman back to do Wolverine again? Or the Deadpool credits cameo? (or both)

My money is on Iron Man retiring and Cap biting the dust, only to have someone take over the shield (likely African-American).

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

Monterey Jack wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:47 am Me at the two-hour mark:

Stay off the big drinks...LOL
London. Greatest City in the world.

mkaroly

#6 Post by mkaroly »

Either that or wait for the DVD release so you can pause it!

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

mkaroly wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:52 pm Either that or wait for the DVD release so you can pause it!
Spoilers, dude.

mkaroly

#8 Post by mkaroly »

Resist the temptation to read about online before you see it! :)

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

I am resisting the temptation. In fact I have no temptation for buying a ticket to resist! :mrgreen:

mkaroly

#10 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:32 am I am resisting the temptation. In fact I have no temptation for buying a ticket to resist! :mrgreen:
Lol...I am in no rush to see it. It feel the same way about the new STAR CRAP movie at the end of the year. I just saw INFINITY WAR in March, have not seen BLACK PANTHER or CAPTAIN MARVEL. For those who do go to the theater to watch it I hope it accomplishes everything the fans want it to accomplish. The tantalizing thing about a longer film is that you have the opportunity for more character development, dialogue, and acting with the longer time. Hopefully the story delivers the goods!

AndyDursin

#11 Post by AndyDursin »

The odds aren't high enough on the latter for me to take the chance lol. I honestly don't understand the mass appeal, but it's symptomatic of where we are at in terms of tribal fandom. The last two of these have been interminable slogs, they're not good storytelling or filmmaking even by the formulaic standards of this genre. And really they aren't Avengers movies either -- more like Marvel fanfests where every single character Disney owns shows up. I was an avid Avengers reader as a kid but the stories were always about 5 characters or sometimes less, not 50. Or 500. And if you think that's an exaggeration, just wait until all the X people show up in the next one!

Paul MacLean

#12 Post by Paul MacLean »

I can't even keep these movies straight anymore. They're all an unmemorable blur to me.

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

Get a load of this guy. :lol:

mkaroly

#14 Post by mkaroly »

That reads like an over-sell, to be honest. If that is his honest from the depths of his heart opinion, I am glad he loved the film and that it exceeded his expectations. Reading his perspective, however, makes me want to see the movie even less! :lol:

AndyDursin

#15 Post by AndyDursin »

I LOVED IT...IT WAS MUCH BETTER THAN "CATS"...I AM GOING TO SEE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... nder/n9457