All CRITERION Titles 50% Off - OOS Now Included

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

All CRITERION Titles 50% Off - OOS Now Included

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Use code SWAK at Criterion's site:

http://www.criterion.com

Not sure what the free shipping threshold is, but it's a good deal. (Doesnt work on pre-orders).

Mike Skerritt

Re: All CRITERION Titles 50% at Noon Valentines Day

#2 Post by Mike Skerritt »

Anyone else having problems accessing the site? It seems to be buckling a bit right now.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah they look to be totally overloaded. Best try again later on...I think the coupon is good through tomorrow (2-15) at noon.

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

I'd rather just wait for the next Barnes & Noble sale...free shipping, and I can use online coupons to get titles down to the $15/$16 level.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

You get free ship if you order 3, but a good amount ended up being out of stock so that was that. They apparently will give out coupons for the out of stock titles but I dunno. As it is I did find 3 with Videodrome being one of them, not so much because I like the movie bit the extras are very good (Criterion will not send me blus of titles they've done on DVD unless it is a New special edition.).

sprocket

#6 Post by sprocket »

I picked up The Four Feathers and Black Narcissus. Unfortunately, with shipping and brokerage to Canada I probably didn't save that much. :|

Mike Skerritt

#7 Post by Mike Skerritt »

It's a little deceiving because they take the 50% from the MSRP and not their actual retail price, but it's still a good deal if you buy enough to get free shipping.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah, it was a good deal if you ordered 3 or more -- came to $19.99 each, which is perfectly fine and probably as good as the Barnes & Noble annual sales as there's no tax (though if you're a BN member you get extra coupons to knock the price down a bit more. I know for non-members those coupons have been scaled back quite a lot the last time out).

I also ordered 3 WOMEN, because I am going through a very odd Shelley Duvall phase at the moment...and I don't know why either. :shock:

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

Oh and welcome aboard to Sprocket as well...nice to see someone new around here!! :)

sprocket

#10 Post by sprocket »

AndyDursin wrote:Oh and welcome aboard to Sprocket as well...nice to see someone new around here!! :)
I've been lurking on your aisle seat page for many years... I'm happy to be here. :)

sprocket

#11 Post by sprocket »

I keep getting emails of apology on how bad Criterion crashed yesterday and had to laugh at this ('cause I live in Montreal, Quebec).

"... * Please note: we ship our Blu-rays and DVDs only within the United States and to English-speaking Canada."

I guess my order, which they say is shipped, will be cancelled because I live in French-speaking Canada. :shock:

AndyDursin

#12 Post by AndyDursin »

Great to have you here too!

Just got an email from Criterion -- you can now order any title that's been backordered with the code REDO through tomorrow (2-16).

Might buy 3 more...sigh. And I thought it was going to be a slow month!