New RAMBO 4K UHD Coming in 2023 with Remastered Soundtracks (FINALLY) & Transfers

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

New RAMBO 4K UHD Coming in 2023 with Remastered Soundtracks (FINALLY) & Transfers

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

I wanted to separate this from other RAMBO threads because there are so many releases of these films.

Bottom line is there should be a "definitive" 4k UHD set next year that includes superior audio for the 1st three films, new Atmos remixes, and superior HDR grading.

Note again this is a NEW RELEASE that is not on the market right now but ought to be coming in 2023.

The sheer fact they will include the original audio is HUGE. RAMBO II has sounded awful since the DVD era began. Even FIRST BLOOD's current remix is poor compared to past releases. And hopefully the new Atmos mixes, taken from original elements, will fare well also.

This was posted on the Blu-ray . com board:
All five films with both the theatrical and extended cuts of Rambo and Last Blood (Last Blood will be the final cut that appeared on Amazon).

New Dolby Vision grading on 1-3 (Rambo III is particularly in need of correction as it's colors are not only off, but it's highlights are terribly clipped. We're fixing that.)

Rambo III's subtitles are also being corrected and, while they'll be player generated, they're designed to match the font and timing of the optical theatrical subs. One thing to note about Rambo III's subs is that a lot of what people THOUGHT was subtitled originally, WASN'T. This has led to a lot of confusion about various releases missing them and one of the Blu-ray releases actually ADDING them when they weren't there theatrically. We're fixing all that and if it was subtitled theatrically... it'll be subtitled on the UHD.

1-3 have all been given brand new Dolby Atmos mixes. Part II, in particular, has sounded terrible for 20 years. We found the original 70mm 6-track mag for Part II and that was the basis for the new Atmos mix. But each of the first three movies will include: Theatrical Stereo PCM, TrueHD 5.1 (the 2002 mixes for First Blood and Rambo III and the unaltered 70mm 6-track for Rambo II) and the new Atmos mixes. Rambo: First Blood Part II sounds INCREDIBLE now... both it's original 6 track mix and the new Atmos. It's night and day and probably the thing I'm most excited about with this set.

We're looking to include EVERYTHING that was ever created for any of the various Rambo releases (globally) in the special features department. We're also creating a few new bits and one of those is dedicated to the original Drew Struzan art.

This release has been my baby for over a year and I've been dedicated to making sure this gets produced from the perspective of a fan and the Ghostbusters set that Sony put out earlier this year has been the model for this all along. Packaging is likely to be more of a gatefold style, but we've also secured the original lobby cards for the first three films and I'm hoping to talk to the studio into also including preprinted case inserts that use all the "style A" artwork so you could migrate the set to traditional cases if desired.

Everyone is completely committed to making this the very best Rambo set ever released which is why we missed the First Blood 40th (which was the plan) to give ourselves enough time to get all the details right.

mkaroly

Re: New RAMBO 4K UHD Coming in 2023 with Remastered Soundtracks (FINALLY) & Transfers

#2 Post by mkaroly »

Definitely on board for this purchase. Keep us posted Andy! I have yet to see LAST BLOOD; despite the ups and downs of the series I have to give a lot of credit to Stallone for creating a memorable character. I find all of the movies entertaining, with RAMBO being downright moving (moreso than FIRST BLOOD). Between Rocky and Rambo Stallone created two of the most iconic characters in cinema - kudos to him.

John Johnson

Re: New RAMBO 4K UHD Coming in 2023 with Remastered Soundtracks (FINALLY) & Transfers

#3 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:28 pm I wanted to separate this from other RAMBO threads because there are so many releases of these films.

Bottom line is there should be a "definitive" 4k UHD set next year that includes superior audio for the 1st three films, new Atmos remixes, and superior HDR grading.

Note again this is a NEW RELEASE that is not on the market right now but ought to be coming in 2023.

The sheer fact they will include the original audio is HUGE. RAMBO II has sounded awful since the DVD era began. Even FIRST BLOOD's current remix is poor compared to past releases. And hopefully the new Atmos mixes, taken from original elements, will fare well also.

This was posted on the Blu-ray . com board:
All five films with both the theatrical and extended cuts of Rambo and Last Blood (Last Blood will be the final cut that appeared on Amazon).

New Dolby Vision grading on 1-3 (Rambo III is particularly in need of correction as it's colors are not only off, but it's highlights are terribly clipped. We're fixing that.)

Rambo III's subtitles are also being corrected and, while they'll be player generated, they're designed to match the font and timing of the optical theatrical subs. One thing to note about Rambo III's subs is that a lot of what people THOUGHT was subtitled originally, WASN'T. This has led to a lot of confusion about various releases missing them and one of the Blu-ray releases actually ADDING them when they weren't there theatrically. We're fixing all that and if it was subtitled theatrically... it'll be subtitled on the UHD.

1-3 have all been given brand new Dolby Atmos mixes. Part II, in particular, has sounded terrible for 20 years. We found the original 70mm 6-track mag for Part II and that was the basis for the new Atmos mix. But each of the first three movies will include: Theatrical Stereo PCM, TrueHD 5.1 (the 2002 mixes for First Blood and Rambo III and the unaltered 70mm 6-track for Rambo II) and the new Atmos mixes. Rambo: First Blood Part II sounds INCREDIBLE now... both it's original 6 track mix and the new Atmos. It's night and day and probably the thing I'm most excited about with this set.

We're looking to include EVERYTHING that was ever created for any of the various Rambo releases (globally) in the special features department. We're also creating a few new bits and one of those is dedicated to the original Drew Struzan art.

This release has been my baby for over a year and I've been dedicated to making sure this gets produced from the perspective of a fan and the Ghostbusters set that Sony put out earlier this year has been the model for this all along. Packaging is likely to be more of a gatefold style, but we've also secured the original lobby cards for the first three films and I'm hoping to talk to the studio into also including preprinted case inserts that use all the "style A" artwork so you could migrate the set to traditional cases if desired.

Everyone is completely committed to making this the very best Rambo set ever released which is why we missed the First Blood 40th (which was the plan) to give ourselves enough time to get all the details right.
Andy,

Is there a link to this news article?
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

No it's a post on the boards. The poster is a legitimate industry source, not much reason for him to be making it up.

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:06 pm No it's a post on the boards. The poster is a legitimate industry source, not much reason for him to be making it up.
I wasn't saying he was. I just wanted to find it.
It seems interesting. Hopefully the packaging will be good.
Yeah, I know, we have all been through that before.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

Gotcha John, the specific post link is:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.ph ... st20679614

Sounds like it will be a digibook.

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:06 pm Gotcha John, the specific post link is:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.ph ... st20679614

Sounds like it will be a digibook.
Bollocks. (Paul will know what I mean LOL)

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

The prolific poster "GeoffD" says it's supposed to come with inserts so you can use your own cases, maybe. Either way I don't much care, more interested in them getting the audio right!