CAPOTE

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Michael Ryan

CAPOTE

#1 Post by Michael Ryan »

Hello All,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (Sure to be a great new year for the Dursinman)

Last night I went to the movie (first time I've ever gone to the movies on New Year's Eve and believe it or not the place was packed).

I saw the movie CAPOTE. WOW!! What a powerful motion picture. I must confess that before last night actor Philip Seymor Hoffman would not have been on my list of favorite actors. His performance in CAPOTE has changed that way of thinking. I can only say that Hoffman was beyond remarkable in the role and if he doesn't make the Oscar list there is no justice in the film world.

Other stand outs (all the supporting actors turned in rock solid performances) were Chris Cooper as the detective and Catherine Keener who played novelist Harper Lee (who wrote TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD).

From the opening frame the film had me in its grip. A grip that didn't let go until the final frame.

Well written and well directed this film was made on a shoe-string budget which just goes to show you want can be done when people have the "passion" to put something of quality together.

If you love compelling, well-written films that have a great story then do not miss this movie.

Mike

Eric W.

#2 Post by Eric W. »

I'll keep an eye out for it. :)