Twilight Time OOP at SAE

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
sprocket

Twilight Time OOP at SAE

#1 Post by sprocket »

Some OOPs have turned up at SAE Rare/OOP/Used section. This happens every so often.

Some with multiple copies so may not be second hand. Some autographed.

MAN IN THE DARK 3-D $29.95

FATE IS THE HUNTER / TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: KA SHEN'S JOURNEY $19.95

MISSISSIPPI BURNING $29.95

THE FABULOUS BAKER BOYS $19.95

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH AUTOGRAPHED $29.95

MURPHY'S LAW AUTOGRAPHED $29.95

THE MEMBER OF THE WEDDING $14.95

I picked up a few, including Moby Dick, so no Kino sale purchases for me!

AndyDursin

Re: Twilight Time OOP at SAE

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Few left here:

https://www1.screenarchives.com/display ... ort=listed

The MGM titles are likely to get another release from someone (FABULOUS BAKER BOYS and MISSISSIPPI BURNING have been reissued already, and are cheaper with their current discs), but not the Fox ones, obviously. 8)

sprocket

#3 Post by sprocket »

More TT releases have turned up. I decided to get HOUSE OF BAMBOO.

I have the strong impression SAE is winding down, with this sort of thing and their frequent and significant sales purging inventory on an ongoing basis.

I think it soon won't be the 'all in one' shop it used to be, but more like Intrada, stocking only mainstream, current releases, if there at all. Plus, I have (more annoying than anything else) customer support issues with them now, which I never had before... :(

Eric Paddon

#4 Post by Eric Paddon »

sprocket wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:24 am More TT releases have turned up. I decided to get HOUSE OF BAMBOO.

I have the strong impression SAE is winding down, with this sort of thing and their frequent and significant sales purging inventory on an ongoing basis.
But no matter how much they try they will NEVER get rid of those last DVD copies of "Violent Saturday"! :)

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

I have no idea how any of these soundtrack-centric places are going to survive, both given the lack of new content (that's even available on disc at that), and the slow trickle of diminishing returns via the likes of Intrada and Varese's expanded CDs this year. Just not enough discs coming out to make it worthwhile.

Beyond that, you might well be right about SAE, Sprocket. SAE I think as an operation was more integral to overseas customers than domestic ones (I scarcely ordered from them as there were usually better options, with far superior customer service, that generally were less expensive), but it looks like they may well be "winding down." Minus Twilight Time's catalog, there's scant reason to shop there (and clearly they have given up on their short-lived revival of the TT label which output a handful of titles before they hung it up).