Star Wa5rs Episode III DVD.

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Star Wa5rs Episode III DVD.

#1 Post by John Johnson »

I see that Walmart are offering the Story of Star Wars as a bonus disc if you buy Episode III from them. Does anybody else know if any other stores are offering something similar?

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Likely not. Hasn't Walmart had an exclusivity deal with the Star Wars-oriented bonus deals?

Harry Chen

Music vs Sound Effects

#3 Post by Harry Chen »

In disc 2 of SWIII Revenge of the Sith, the documentary "Within a Minute" has a section on the "Sound Mix" of the movie, (about 1hr12min into the documentary, chapter 32).
We get to see Ken Wannberg, Music Editor, versus Ben Burtt, Editor cum Sound Designer, arguing over "more music" versus "more sound effects".
And we wonder why Star Wars music is all over the place, all broken up or simply inaudible at times. Now we know...
Good to see.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

I never received a review copy (shame on you Lucasfilm!! :) but I did buy the "bonus disc set" from Walmart. The disc is a waste of time -- a full-screen, hour long "Story of STAR WARS" (in mono!) with R2 and Threepio introducing clips from both trilogies. Maybe worth it for the collectible value but nothing worthwhile from an entertainment standpoint.

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:I never received a review copy (shame on you Lucasfilm!! :) but I did buy the "bonus disc set" from Walmart. The disc is a waste of time -- a full-screen, hour long "Story of STAR WARS" (in mono!) with R2 and Threepio introducing clips from both trilogies. Maybe worth it for the collectible value but nothing worthwhile from an entertainment standpoint.
Yeah, I was kinda expecting it to be the original documentary about Star Wars. I was told that that this disc was a free giveaway with the U.K.'s Sun newspaper several months ago.

mkaroly

#6 Post by mkaroly »

John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:I never received a review copy (shame on you Lucasfilm!! :) but I did buy the "bonus disc set" from Walmart. The disc is a waste of time -- a full-screen, hour long "Story of STAR WARS" (in mono!) with R2 and Threepio introducing clips from both trilogies. Maybe worth it for the collectible value but nothing worthwhile from an entertainment standpoint.
Yeah, I was kinda expecting it to be the original documentary about Star Wars. I was told that that this disc was a free giveaway with the U.K.'s Sun newspaper several months ago.
I wouldn't put it past Lucas to include that original documentary in a box set some time on down the road- you know, the one that will most likely have the outtakes from JEDI and A NEW HOPE.....

Any news on when (or if) he is going to allow the complete scores for Episodes II and III to be released any time soon (or at all)?

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

mkaroly wrote:
John Johnson wrote:
I wouldn't put it past Lucas to include that original documentary in a box set some time on down the road- you know, the one that will most likely have the outtakes from JEDI and A NEW HOPE.....

Any news on when (or if) he is going to allow the complete scores for Episodes II and III to be released any time soon (or at all)?
No idea on the latter, but let's face it: there WILL be another edition for HD-DVD or Blu Ray or whatever the format's going to be. We'll then see those outtakes finally in a workable format for the first time.

I actually chuckled at Rick McCallum's comments in the SITH DVD supplements, where he sighs at Lucas' endless tinkering and re-cutting...a natural reaction for once! :D