Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

#136 Post by AndyDursin »

I can see a Blu-Ray for sure, just surprised they're still piping out a DVD box at this point in time.

John Johnson

#137 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:23 pm I can see a Blu-Ray for sure, just surprised they're still piping out a DVD box at this point in time.
Andy,
That seems to be their thing where some British shows are concerned. They certainly have picked up the mantle from Network. I see there is another company, Old Gold Media recently started up. They have a presence on Amazon UK. Mostly back catalogue stuff from Network, although I see they have a restored version of Jack the Ripper, with Michael Caine. This has two versions of the miniseries.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jack-the ... ay/359918/
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#138 Post by AndyDursin »

That looks like a straight reissue of the Network Blu-Ray, which had the 2 versions on it (and which I proudly own also!).

John Johnson

#139 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:38 pm That looks like a straight reissue of the Network Blu-Ray, which had the 2 versions on it (and which I proudly own also!).
It most likely is. Slowly but surely, a lot of the Network titles are filtering through to other labels. For the most part, Via Vision seem to be the most interesting label. British shows have always been popular in Australia and NZ.
London. Greatest City in the world.