Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

#136 Post by AndyDursin »

I can see a Blu-Ray for sure, just surprised they're still piping out a DVD box at this point in time.

John Johnson

#137 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:23 pm I can see a Blu-Ray for sure, just surprised they're still piping out a DVD box at this point in time.
Andy,
That seems to be their thing where some British shows are concerned. They certainly have picked up the mantle from Network. I see there is another company, Old Gold Media recently started up. They have a presence on Amazon UK. Mostly back catalogue stuff from Network, although I see they have a restored version of Jack the Ripper, with Michael Caine. This has two versions of the miniseries.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jack-the ... ay/359918/
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#138 Post by AndyDursin »

That looks like a straight reissue of the Network Blu-Ray, which had the 2 versions on it (and which I proudly own also!).

John Johnson

#139 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:38 pm That looks like a straight reissue of the Network Blu-Ray, which had the 2 versions on it (and which I proudly own also!).
It most likely is. Slowly but surely, a lot of the Network titles are filtering through to other labels. For the most part, Via Vision seem to be the most interesting label. British shows have always been popular in Australia and NZ.

AndyDursin

#140 Post by AndyDursin »

Imprint's two-disc CAPRICORN ONE release will include the Japanese cut (presumably, unless it's been sourced from elsewhere) along with special features TBA. VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED will also include its TV version. TALES OF ADVENTURE has been a fun series I've covered but this is a volume dedicated to 40s/50s serials which doesn't interest me much.

John Johnson

Imprint - September Releases

#141 Post by John Johnson »

Release date 25th September.

This Limited Edition 2-Disc Hardbox includes both the original Theatrical Cut and the rarely-seen 129-minute Extended Cut, both in high-definition.

1500 copies only.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray of the Theatrical and Extended Cuts of the film
Audio Commentary by director Peter Hyams on the Theatrical Cut
NEW Audio Commentary by film historian/filmmaker Daniel Kremer and screenwriter Daniel Waters on the Extended Cut
NEW Interview with actor Elliott Gould
Flights of Fancy: The Politics and Paranoia of Capricorn One
What If?: The Making of Capricorn One – vintage featurette
On Set with Capricorn One – vintage location footage
Elliott Gould remembers Karen Black – eulogy (2013)
Theatrical Trailer
Photo Gallery
More Special Features TBC
Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
Original Aspect Ratio 2.35:1
Optional English HOH Subtitles (Theatrical Cut only)

https://viavision.com.au/shop/capricorn ... ction-355/

This Limited Edition 2-Disc Hardbox includes a bonus disc with a brand NEW Interview with actor Malcolm McDowell, NEW Audio Commentaries, and a rarely-seen 3-hour extended version of the film (in standard definition).

1500 copies only.

1080p high-definition presentation of the Theatrical Cut of the film on Blu-ray
Standard-definition archival presentation of the Extended Cut
NEW Audio Commentary by cinema author and critic Matthew Asprey Gear on the Theatrical Cut
NEW Audio Commentary by film historian/filmmaker Daniel Kremer on the Extended Cut
NEW Interview with actor Malcolm McDowell
More Special Features TBC
Theatrical Trailer
Photo Gallery
Aspect Ratio 1.78:1
Optional English HOH Subtitles (Theatrical Cut only)

https://viavision.com.au/shop/voyage-of ... ction-354/

Tales Of Adventure – Collection 4 (1949 – 1953) – Imprint Collection #350 – 353
From the golden age of the Republic serials, get set for atomic tales of invading aliens, invisible soldiers, mad scientists, and evil geniuses… one episode at a time!

The forerunner of today’s serialised television dramas, these weekly cliffhanger dramas kept cinemagoers returning for the next instalment. With high production values and superb special effects by Howard and Theodore Lydecker, this special collection also adds the re-edited Film Versions.

Loaded with brand NEW Special Features including Audio Commentaries and a Video Essay, plus a NEW 2024 feature documentary looking at the history and legacy of the Republic 40’s and 50’s sci-fi serials.

Be on the edge of your seat with cosmic thrills faster than light in these seven adventures:

King of The Rocket Men (1949) (HD) – worldwide first on Blu-ray
Flying Disc Man from Mars (1950) (HD)
The Invisible Monster (1950) (HD)
Radar Men From The Moon (1952) (HD)
Zombies of the Stratosphere (1952) (SD)
Mysterious Doctor Satan (1940) (SD) – worldwide first on Blu-ray
Commando Cody: Sky Marshal of the Universe (1953) (HD)
Limited Edition 8-Disc Hardbox. 1500 copies only.

1080p High-definition presentation (except where noted as SD) on Blu-ray
Feature film versions of the serials:
Lost Planet Airmen (HD)
Missile Monsters (HD)
Slaves of the Invisible Monster (SD)
Retik, the Moon Menace (HD)
Satan’s Satellites (HD)
Doctor Satan’s Robot (SD)
NEW Audio Commentary on select episodes of Flying Disc Man From Mars by film historian Tom Weaver (2024)
NEW Audio Commentary on select episodes of The Invisible Monster by screenwriter and film historian Gary Gerani (2024)
NEW Audio Commentary on select episodes of Radar Men from the Moon by film historian Tom Weaver (2024)
NEW Audio Commentary on select episodes of Zombies of the Stratosphere by screenwriter and film historian Gary Gerani (2024)
NEW Audio Commentary on select episodes of Mysterious Doctor Satan by screenwriter and film historian Gary Gerani (2024)
NEW Feature Documentary on the Republic 40/50s sci-fi serials (2024)
NEW Video Essay by film historian Philippa Berry (2024)
Original Aspect Ratio 1.33:1 / 1.37:1

https://viavision.com.au/shop/tales-of- ... n-350-353/

AndyDursin

#142 Post by AndyDursin »

Merged John's post (thanks for the specs John) with the thread I already updated...must have been thinking alike!

Eric Paddon

#143 Post by Eric Paddon »

I have the Japanese release of "Capricorn One" but the extra bonus content made me grab it. Never seen "Voyage" but the element of having two cuts again is the kicker. I like the fact that more and more an effort is made to make these expanded cuts available and undermine the bootleg market for them (even if some do have to be sourced from TV recordings).

AndyDursin

#144 Post by AndyDursin »

VOYAGE's TV cut is standard definition so it's probably something akin to the EAGLE HAS LANDED "extended version". I have vague memories of seeing some other HD transfer of VOYAGE and it wasnt great so maybe this will be better.

Eric Paddon

#145 Post by Eric Paddon »

The expanded Eagle Has Landed wasn't SD.

AndyDursin

#146 Post by AndyDursin »

On the Imprint disc? That one was upscaled -- 1080i and looked much, much worse than the theatrical release. AFAIK there is no actual, legitimate high-def master of the long cut of THE EAGLE HAS LANDED. It's not actual 1080p on any release, only the theatrical cut is HD.

It's probably an ITC thing, because the long cut of GREEN ICE on Imprint's disc is also standard def. Widescreen but not high-def (just as VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED's long cut will be).

Eric Paddon

#147 Post by Eric Paddon »

Okay, I'm just interpreting "Standard definition" to mean either a full-screen TV presentation (like with the TV cuts of "Midway, Two Minute Warning" etc. or non-anamorphic like the LD cut of "1776". That's not what we have with "Eagle". Agree it doesn't look as good as the theatrical cut but it isn't SD in the old sense of the term that I'm used to.

AndyDursin

#148 Post by AndyDursin »

Oh absolutely I know what you mean. And it IS upscaled to HD. It's not like an old laserdisc transfer they just slapped on a disc like the theatrical STAR WARS cuts!

John Johnson

#149 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:18 pm Merged John's post (thanks for the specs John) with the thread I already updated...must have been thinking alike!
Thanks for the merger, Andy, I only found the thread after I posted the information. On a side note, copies of The Prisoner have started to filter through. Mine has arrived in the US; I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Nest up, should be The Persuaders and Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased). I may go for Capricorn One and Tales of Adventure – Collection 4.

John Johnson

#150 Post by John Johnson »

Announcement from Imprint.

"We’ve got two new entries to our Imprint Television line coming in October, each featuring worldwide Blu-ray debuts. 📺
Action-packed UK Drama, and star-studded 70’s classic genre fare.

Tune in your dials to tomorrow for the big reveal!"

https://www.facebook.com/ImprintFilmsAU